Apple varieties – a small goods customer
Small Variety Of Apple Customer
Worldwide, there are roughly 20,000 varieties of Apple, of which about 1,000 in Germany to grow. They can be roughly divided into summer, autumn and winter apples.
Every Season is available:
- Summer apples: the Former ripen in July/August and are not suitable for storage. They include, for example, the Clear – or August Apple, James Grieve and gravenstein.
- Autumn apples: After the opening of the season for Apples from September to early November, the classic, the fall of apples to enjoy. If you, for example, the Renette or Alcmene, fall Harvest, and enjoying, together, Mature, i.e., they must not be more Mature, and you can eat the same or process.
- Winter apples winter apples like Boskop, Bohnapfel or Boikenapfel be harvested in the fall, but they are not the same enjoyment Mature. Only after a few weeks of storage they are Mature and taste full of aroma. Also, Elstar, Braeburn, Idared, and other people will buy at any time, but there are special varieties or imports.
The regional varieties are often found on the regional markets or farm shops, however, depending on the origin, a typical Aroma, which is also the layman erschmeckt easily. So Aargau hunter Apple tastes from the high Rhine is totally different than, for example, North schleswige gravenstein or Red Trier’sche wine Apple. In Germany, are purchased at the most common Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Elstar, Cox Orange, Boskop, Rubinette, Gala, and Braeburn.
Boskop have a rough, matte shell, usually dark red or cloudy, orange coloured. Be picked the large fruit from the end of September and from December to April, fit for human consumption. The juicy flesh of the fruit will mellow with time. Boskop taste tart sour and intensely fruity, therefore, they are especially suitable for baking and cooking.
Golden Delicious on the other hand have only a slight acidity and a juicy-sweet flavor. The white-yellowish, crisp flesh is soft later. The green-yellow apples from mid-September to mid-October harvest ripe, and remains until may delight Mature.
To cross with Golden Delicious apples are Elstar, Gala, Jonagold, and Rubinette. The former are characterized by their intense aromatic taste with a balanced sugar-acid ratio. The thin shell of small to medium-sized fruit is yellow with bright red blush. Also Elstar, you can enjoy up to may, while Rubinette to be harvested in October and the maturity only lasts until January. The round to cone-shaped Rubinette has a yellow shell, which is easily striped faded to bright red. The stem is conspicuously long. Your yellowish, juicy flesh tastes balanced and full-bodied.
back more article content
- Apples: Delicious and healthy
- Apple varieties – a small goods customer
- Apples – any time of the day edible