Circular saws – for sure!
Working with circular saws, especially with the popular and widely used hand-held circular saw, the most dangerous and most accident-prone DIY. Especially common are sectional, injuries to the arms and hands.
For Your Safety:
- Read the instruction manual thoroughly and clarify all the open questions in peace and as long as with an expert, until you master the device safely. You can practice using the device a number of times until you can safely handle with the saw.
- The riving knife and the protective hood are important protective devices. You don’t mount them and check them regularly on their ability to function.
- Replace cracked or buckled blades immediately against intact specimens.
- Use a hand broom or Similar to Remove the chips; do not wipe with Hand or Sleeve.
- You wear tight-fitting clothes. Wide Sleeves or open coat can easily share in the moving machine caught.
- No gloves: Wear when Working on the circular saw at the best no gloves, because a glove – and with him the whole Hand can be covered by the saw blade.
- Eyes: Protect your eyes with safety glasses from moving parts and flying wood or other materials.
- Nose: wood dust can be harmful to health. Use devices therefore, always on the machines provided for suction. You wear a fine dust mask, or a face shield.
- Ears: Wear ear protection! Circular saws can develop a volume of up to 105 decibels (dB) A. For comparison, a jackhammer in seven meters of distance emits 90 dB (A).
Safe circular saw to work with of the hand:
- Machine brake with a motor are not yet widely available, but a security Plus: The brake brings the blade to shortly after the power is turned Off.
- The rigid riving knife behind the saw blade is essential! It prevents the cut behind the machine back together and the blade clamps. He is missing, the entire machine may be pushed upwards out of the cut (in.)
- The self-aligning bonnet (hood) has to be mobile and stay. You must cover the blade to the idle mechanism, and swivels back when the machine is in contact with the material. When Cutting, only the cutting zone is released.
- Lock: prevents accidentally Turning it off.
- Pay attention to a non-lockable switch: When you Release the switch the machine switches off automatically.
Safe circular saw to work on the table:
- Make sure that the table is firmly mounted. At most, the saw blade Motor may obliquely be adjusted.
- After turning Off the blade after a maximum of ten seconds.
- The riving knife must sit firmly and exactly in the direction of escape of the saw blade. It prevents workpieces fight back.
- The saw blade is braked through the braking device, the directly on the motor shaft and only after the power is turned Off.
- The cover over the saw blade (protection against accidental contact) is present and set correctly.
- Wood dust: make Sure that, for example, on the cover, a suction adapter is provided, by means of a flexible hose of a household vacuum cleaner or an all-purpose vacuum cleaner connection. Harmful wood dust can be the saws not released.
- Use a push stick for guiding the workpiece to the saw blade, when the distance between the parallel fence and the saw blade is less than 120 mm.
- Make sure that the part of the saw blade, which is located below the table, is protected by a cover against contact.