Clean air – healthy indoor climate
The person spends at least two-thirds of his life time in the interior. The quality of the indoor air plays an important role for our health. Dust, cigarette smoke, bacteria, smells – all this adversely affects the quality of air is crucial. Only generous Airing brings a remedy.
The air in the rooms
The air quality will be given indoors today, far too little attention. This contributes significantly to the increase in physical and mental performance, as well as a comfortable living environment. Clean air contains 78 % nitrogen, 21 % oxygen, 0,03 % carbon dioxide and 0.93 % noble gases.
This composition changes when people, plants or objects are in a room or an apartment. So people moisture and carbon dioxide from the indoor air. The oxygen content decreases as it is consumed by respiration. Air has so many things influence that make up a healthy climate!
The humidity is determined in a special way, whether you feel in a room. To dry out in low humidity mucous membranes, can spread, for example, bacteria and viruses faster and a cold. To high humidity is quickly perceived as oppressive; they can arise, if we ventilated.
To not neglect the quantities of water vapor, which are issued by residents in apartments. A dormant Person sweats approximately 1 litre; an active Person is approximately 2.5 litres. A family with 4 persons, every day up to 10 liters of water as water vapor in the environment. Per week, the equivalent of a filled bathtub! Ideal for a healthy room climate and a relative humidity between 40% and 60%.
Mold spores are virtually everywhere in the air. To Germinate they need moisture. In poorly ventilated areas, it happens quickly, that the moisture from the air condenses on surfaces. If a place stays moist longer, there is a breeding ground for mold. Conscious, prudent behavior can minimize the formation of moisture. First of all, the sufficient, proper ventilation of the rooms: on dry walls of the spores of the fungus can’t thrive!
Visible or hidden mold in homes is to accept in any case. Allergy-free can be weakened by mildew in addition, the quality of housing is also affected by the unsavory smell. For the elimination of the molds must be looking for the cause of their formation.
Already 130 years ago, the German researcher Max Pettenkofer had detected the carbon dioxide content of the air as a benchmark for the quality of the air in the room. For the well-being of the people of the CO2 content of the air is therefore of great importance. Day-to-day, breathes in every human being 24 kilograms, or the equivalent of 20,000 liters of air in and out.
The concentration of carbon dioxide in a room is rising, we feel tired and our concentration suffers. The carbon dioxide content increases even further, it comes to blurred vision, dizziness, Central nervous system dysfunction, headache, and in the worst case, to death by inner Suffocation.
Airing several Times a day the window!
Really good, is it, four times daily, the “bad” air against “good” exchange. Ideally, the air in the room even every two hours to exchange. In the morning after getting Up a good ventilation of the room is important, because the person loses during the night a lot of moisture. Lunch and dinner should also be ventilated, to reduce the carbon dioxide content of the air. For a good and healthy sleep, it is advisable to ventilate shortly before bedtime.
- Ventilate regularly, and several times a day, preferably for 3 minutes, a cross-ventilation. In threading, the renewed and even the stale air in niches and corners. In addition, a short period of time, the air exchange is sufficient.
- Short-term Opening of the Windows (natural ventilation, about 4 – 10 minutes) represents a more effective measure, in order to renew the used air. This air, incidentally, is much more productive than a window all day open in the tilted position. In addition to the loss of energy can occur by Condensation of moist indoor air to the formation of mold.
- In order to increase the indoor air humidity during the cold Season, the air can be humidifier.
Recommendations for loads
- In case of physical complaints with your doctor.
- The long-lasting Inhalation of pollutants can lead to adverse health effects. Let, therefore, an investigation of the indoor air to determine the source and eliminate it then.
- When purchasing building materials, furniture and carpets, you should pay attention to the details of the contents of the manufacturer and on the eco-label.