Diet for liver disease
A targeted diet for liver disease is designed to protect the liver. In the case of health problems with the liver, particularly fat-rich foods should be avoided. Also hot spices and certain vegetables, such as cabbage should not eat the liver of the sick, without straining the liver unnecessarily. Completely taboo in liver disorders should be alcohol.
The taste of the liver
In the case of a liver disease, it is advantageous to feed with a lean cottage cheese, steamed vegetables and potatoes, simple carbohydrates and lean meat. The food should gently be prepared and not Cream (as created by grilling or Frying). Also coffee is not suitable for liver patients.
It can be helpful, the nutrition with artichokes or artichoke juice to enrich. Also, milk Thistle extracts support liver function. In the case of certain liver diseases, this should be done only after consultation with the doctor.
Diet in diseases of the liver
- 4-6 slices of whole grain bread or 3-5 slices of bread and 50-60 g of cereal per day
- 150-180 g of brown rice, or 200-250 g whole wheat pasta, or 200-250 g potatoes (cooked) per day
- 5 servings of fruits and vegetables of the day
- 200-250 g of milk/yogurt/cottage cheese and 50-60 g cheese preferably low-fat products
- 300 to 600 g low-fat meat and sausage per week
- Fish: 1-2 servings of 150 g per week
- 3 eggs (incl. processed eggs in pasta, pastries, etc.) per week
- Fats and Oils: max. 40 g string and a cooking fat and 10 g of high-quality vegetable oil
It is also important that you drink enough. 1.5 to 2 liters of fluid you should consume per day, and especially on non-carbonated mineral water, herbal teas or juice use spritzers.
Also, please note the following tips:
If you suffer from a liver disease, you should try to keep normal weight or to achieve. Also, make sure to take a day to several smaller meals, ideally between five and six meals, to
Another diet tip in diseases of the liver, you should daily take about 1.2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. Do you prefer vegetable proteins from soy products or legumes.