Erectile dysfunction – information and facts
Erectile dysfunction: data and facts
- In the case of erectile dysfunction (Erectile dysfunction, ED) can not be achieved an erection and/or not to be able to have a satisfactory sexual intercourse.
- The Severity of erectile dysfunction is variable: it ranges from the occasional difficulties to achieve an erection, up to the complete erection loss.
- According to the medical Definition, one speaks of erectile dysfunction, if this is about a minimum of three months. At least 70% of the Attempts, sexual intercourse, and are unsuccessful.
- In Germany alone, around five million men are affected, according to the estimates of erectile dysfunction.
- An estimated one in five men suffers in the course of the life of erectile dysfunction.
- Worldwide, there are approximately 190 million people.
- The probability to get erection disorders increases with age.
- Concerned let much time elapse, until you seek advice from a doctor.
- It is estimated that approximately 70 to 80% of all erectile disorders have an organic cause.
- 20 to 30% have a psychological cause.
- In many cases, both factors play together.
- Among the most common organic causes are cardiovascular disease (33%) and Diabetes mellitus (25%).
back to article contents
- Erectile dysfunction – an open conversation with the partner can help
- Erectile dysfunction – information and facts