Erectile Dysfunction Therapy
For the treatment of erectile dysfunction, there are several possibilities. In addition to the therapy, it is extremely important to treat underlying diseases. Psychological counselling can also have a purely physical cause of erectile dysfunction supportive treatment and relief.
- Medications to Take (all prescription): The most common Phosphodiesterase-5-inhibitors are used, which strength extend, provided there is a basic arousal and erection ability (and no cardiovascular disease!). Preparations of Sildenafil (Viagra®), Tadalafil (Cialis®) and Vardenafil (Levitra®). The active ingredient apomorphine (e.g., Uprima®, Ixense®) is a dopamine receptor agonist, which reinforces in the brain the natural signals that trigger an erection. Phentolamine (Vasomax®) is a non-selective Alpha-receptor blocker that can support an erection on the penis muscles. A deficiency of testosterone is based on the Erectile dysfunction can of this or its precursor dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) injected ingested, as a plaster on the skin is glued or Gel be applied to the skin.
- Drugs locally: The substance Alprostadil acts directly on the Penis by injecting you with either a very thin needle into the cavernous body (corpus cavernosum Auto-injection therapy) or as a Mini-tablet is inserted into the urethra. These forms of help, especially in the case of a therapy, if the erection problems are due to nerve damage.
- Mechanical AIDS: An erection can be achieved with the aid of a vacuum pump and with a then the root of the penis over striped (anatomically customized) penis ring.
- Surgical interventions and implants: These treatments are only used when all other methods have failed. The vascular surgery in erectile tissue has relatively low rates of success, the Use of a penile implant destroys tissue and is irreversible.
The concept of a therapy is adjusted by the doctor in conversation with the Affected individual Situation and preferences, and carefully explained.
back more article content
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Erectile Dysfunction – Causes
- Erectile dysfunction – symptoms and diagnosis
- Erectile Dysfunction Therapy
- Erectile Dysfunction – Preventing