Herbal tea: vital nutrients, and healthy makers
Some drink it because of its healing effect, the other to make a cult of it. Tea is more popular than ever. He is slim, protect against cancer and the heart to keep fit. It all just Humbug? And above all: this Applies only to “real” tea from the Tea plant or herbal teas and fruit teas? Learn more about the different commercially available herbal tea places, their ingredients and effects.
Polyphenols in tea
Tea is considered to be healthy. Reason for this, in particular, the so-called polyphenols. These substances are also found in red wine, Yes – in moderation – a health-promoting effect is attributed. In America, there are even a number of commercial preparations containing polyphenol extracts from tea and/or red wine.
Polyphenols are found in “real” tea, so, for example, in black, white and green tea. Also in herbal and fruit teas, polyphenols are to be found. But herbal teas have many other positive effects on health.
Herbal teas and their effect
Herbal teas do not come from the tea plant, but rather from dried plant parts of other plant. They contain – as the “real” teas – no calories. They provide vitamins, minerals and essential Oils with health promoting properties. You the caffeine (with the exception of Yerba mate).
We show what the different types of tea:
- Brennesseltee nettle leaves are characterized by their content of vitamins and minerals. In the case of kidney disease, Nettle should not be used! Effects: draining, diuretic, tonic, invigorating.
- Fennel tea fennel fruits contain essential Oil, whose main component is the bitter Fechenon and the sweetish TRANS-anethole. Effects: helps with bloating, cramps, Nausea, abdominal pain, and is anti-inflammatory.
- Chamomile tea chamomile flowers contain volatile Oils whose main component is the azulene. The tea should always be drunk hot, because otherwise much is lost of its Aroma. Effects: anti-inflammatory, helps with bloating.
- Linden flower tea Linden flowers contain little essential Oils. The part of Farnesol provides the pleasant taste. Effects: hot welding, drunk driving, reassuring.
- Lot of Melissa tea, The lemon balm leaves spread with an intense lemon scent. The reason is the in of the lemon balm essential Oils contained. Effects: helps with bloating, cramps, Nausea, abdominal pain; soothing.
- Yerba mate, The leaves are roasted and dried, (green Mate), and then, making the dark-brown color and spicy taste. Effects: stimulating, carminative, diuretic.
- Peppermint tea peppermint leaves contain 2 – 5 % essential Oils (up to 60 % Menthol). In addition, Tannins and bitter substances are present. They cause the bitter taste, if the tea too long. Effects: good against flatulence, cramps, Nausea, abdominal pain; is anti-inflammatory, helps with tooth pain, is calming, soothing for colds (steam bath).
Rose hip tea as a herbal tea
Also fruit teas can have a positive effect on health. For example, the rose hip tea: The fruit of the dog rose contain tannins, fruit acids, essential oils and Vitamin C. ripe rose hips are the Vitamin C-rich fruits at all.
Effects: rose hip tea protects against colds.
General information on the topic
Herbal Tea: Preparation
Herbal teas are healthy and inexpensive, and are diseases especially for the treatment of minor Everyday life, such as colds, indigestion and minor respiratory diseases…. more