Ice cream: treat on hot days
What Better way to indulge than on a hot day, a refreshing ice cream. But how many calories in a cold delight? And what is actually included in the Ice cream? About eight liters of Ice cream, licking every German in the year, says the statistics. 85 percent of the ice-cream, the Germans consume, is produced industrially. The Rest is produced in ice-cream parlours. They make the ice in General, even today, according to their own recipes. In the meantime, you can choose between more than 70 flavour directions.
The most popular flavors of ice cream
The favorite flavour rich of all respondents, according to a new poll, with 14 percent of Stracciatella and chocolate. 13 percent prefer to eat Ice cream or frozen yogurt. The flavors of lemon and vanilla, each with 8 percent.
Ice-cream has reached the consumption of about -4 °C. in the mouth it is warmed to about +18 °C. In the stomach, it reaches almost our body temperature. You should therefore have no fear of a “cold stomach”.
Ingredients of Ice cream
The main milk and dairy products as well as sugar and eggs are ingredients. In addition, water, Butter or vegetable fat, as well as color and/or aroma substances play a role. For the special flavors of fruit, cocoa, nuts, chocolate, come then, etc. Depending on the variety, some vitamins and minerals stuck in the ice:
- Ice cream is made from sugar, milk, cream or Butter. Ice cream must contain at least ten percent milk fat, which makes the ice cream nice and creamy and soft.
- Ice milk is made of 70 percent milk and has a lower fat content than ice cream. The high milk proportion is healthy, because milk contains a lot of calcium, which strengthens bones and nails.
- In ice Cream, 60 percent beat stuck cream. This ice cream is, therefore, with 17 percent fat, very rich in calories.
- Sherbet is made of sugar, water, fresh fruit, fruit puree or fruit juice with a fruit content of at least 20 percent.
- Sorbet even contains 25% fruit content, unless it is sour fruits such as lemons are used for this purpose. The fruit share is 15 percent.
- Soft ice cream is a foamed Ice cream, which is immediately sold after it has left the freezing apparatus.
Calories in Ice cream
The energy value of Ice cream is between 100 and 500 kilo calories per 100 grams. Low-calorie Fruit ice cream and Sorbets, as well as varieties of yogurt base. Chocolate and hazelnut Ice-cream a calories are more fun. A Popsicle with chocolate shell brings it to almost 300 kilocalories. Mostly the high energy content of ice cream is the sugar and fat content due: ice Cream contains 17% fat, ice cream about half. Ice cream – usually for ice cream on a stick contains about 3 percent fat, ice cream, up to 6 percent.
The Sugar content is variable, depending on the Eisvariante. He is, however, always higher than normal temperature food, since Cold is perceived as less sweet. In ice-cream, around 20 percent of sugar in Fruit even 24 per cent. The good news is that Four to five scoops of ice cream per week, keep diet experts normal weight for safe. Ice-cream with a high fat content such as cream or Ice cream, should all avoid the need to pay attention to your calories.
Can ice-cream cause headaches?
According to a report in the “British Medical Journal” senses of every three just a few seconds after the first Lick of a sharp pain in the head. These headaches are triggered when the weather is warm, for example, by ice cold drinks.
Normally, this cold-headache is not that bad and settles quickly. The occasional enjoyment of a refreshing ice so nothing stands in the way.
Ice cream tasted already of the old Greeks
Ice cream is by far no invention of modern times. 2,000 years BC, a chilled food has been produced. However, from glacial ice or snow, the fruit pulp and milk. The Greeks, mixed them from the snow of Olympus, honey, fruit juices and wine, an exclusive food of the gods. Only in the 16th century. Century, it was possible to cold also produce artificially to increase the freezing of ice, and to get it in this condition.