If it itches Tintin and he’s losing his hair
The condition of the fur and the skin of the dog is a mirror of his health. Most of the dogs change their coat twice a year – in spring and in autumn. How and when a dog loses his summer or winter coat is the breed, temperature and the length of daylight is dependent. Because in the apartment, temperature and brightness in the year fairly evenly, it can lead to a permanent hair change, has no special meaning.
Malnutrition, parasitic infestation, hormonal disorders, or Stress?
A dog under severe hair loss – suffering, perhaps, with hair loose, a so-called alopecia, which are not caused by Scratching, Rubbing or Licking and it shows a matte, dull or oily, oily coat, itchy, or he has eczema, then something is wrong.
- Hair problems can point to a lack of food. Commercially available feed is not balanced in the rule, home-cooked often. It should be used with Mineral and vitamin supplements, as well as from time to time, enriched with an Egg. Some dogs get a matte, dull coat, if you eat too much meat. Here, too, a switch to a balanced diet helps. May also have an Allergy to a specific food. Then, the feed type should be changed. In some dogs, high in Protein solve and a lack of essential fatty acids itching, dandruff and eczema.
- Behind a dull coat, hair loss, and, above all, dandruff, also parasites such as mites or a fungal infection can put. Some dogs are flea allergic and lose hair.
- Also hormonal causes can lead to hair loss, for example, an underactive thyroid. After neutering the hormonal changes also. The hair loss disappears, however, after some time, usually by itself.
- Also Stress can cause hair loss. Stressed or neurotic dogs and biting, scratching thinning hair or lose in some places the hair.
- Sometimes the hair loss is genetic. Some breeds such as boxers and Dalmatians tend to be.
Fur is a sign of improper diet, an impaired metabolism, allergies, Stress or climate can be discoloration. A coloring of the fur to make it Reddish or Grayish may indicate copper deficiency. Zinc deficiency, on the other hand, can lead to premature graying of the hair and the skin disease parakeratosis (excessive cornification of the skin). The ‘Dalmatians Bronze syndrome’ (DBS) from watch dogs, as they had dirty Spots in the fur.
Grooming must be
Careful care is a prerequisite for a beautiful, healthy coat. Also, dogs with short fur should be brushed when Combing fall changes, and possibly even tumors, and vermin on the skin at an early stage. Dogs should be as rare as possible, to be bathed, and if, then only with lukewarm, clear water and a mild, nourishing dog Shampoo. It is recommended to protect the dog’s ears with cotton wool.