Menopause (climacteric): the concept and the sections
In Germany, approximately eight million women are between 45 and 60 years old. They are short, in the midst of or shortly after the menopause. Even if the menopause are not a disease, up to 80 percent of menopausal complaints. One in every three women in this age group is suffering so strong that you can cope without treatment, the everyday. Approximately 20% of women have no or hardly any discomfort during this time. Your body can do without outside help.
However, a fifth of all women in the hormone level falls so quickly, this is perceived as a physical and emotional burden. When the first signs occur, you should speak with your gynecologist about it. He can help you in the transition to this new stage of life and for the correct treatment to create.
With advancing age, and it can the vagina due to the lack of hormones on the involution of the mucous membranes, skin sagging, bone loss, heart/circulatory disorders, weakening of the pelvic floor muscles and resulting incontinence, as well as to growth falling hair and hair loss.
The menopause, medically as the climacteric, shall be divided into three individual phases, all of which relate to the Menopause, so the date of the last menstrual period,.
- The pre-menopause is the time before the Menopause usually affects women between the age of 40. and the 50. Years of age. The secretion of the follicle-Stimulating hormone (FSH) rises slightly. The production of the yellow body hormone progesterone decreases. This can lead to the periods of time between the two bleeding reduce. The period, however, occurs regularly. Since the Estrogen levels are often increased, can be to the individual bleeding more intense and last longer.
- The “high” phase of the menopause, the Perimenopause. It takes an average of six to seven years. Here it mostly comes to significant irregularities in the cycle up to the complete Absence of menstruation. The formation of Progestogens decreases faster than that of Estrogen, so that the concentration ratio between progesterone and Estrogens varies greatly. In the case of the Affected hot flashes, palpitations, mood swings, or increased nervousness may occur.
- The post-menopause begins a year after the last period and lasts until the hormonal balance reached a new stable level. The climacteric complaints. The end of the post-menopause and thus the end of the menopause of a woman varies from woman to woman and depends, in addition to the hormonal changes from the subjective Experience of the symptoms.
On average, the women are at their last menstrual period is 51 years old. The exact time of Menopause can only be retrospectively define, if a year no more monthly bleeding. Overall, the period of menopause can last for about ten to 15 years.
Due to the significantly increased life expectancy, women spend nowadays often more than a third of their lives after Menopause. For them, it is therefore crucial, as you progress through the menopause. This Phase means that for many, the Chance to change and start a new life, in which they see themselves as independent personalities and not only as a nest ready for the family.
more article content
- Menopause (climacteric): the concept and the sections
- Menopause (climacteric) complaints and causes
- Menopause (climacteric): impact and consequences
- Menopause (Climacteric): Hormone Therapy
- Menopause (Climacteric): Alternative Treatment