Moldy bread and now?
Mouldy fruit mouldy yogurt for these products, the decision to Throw away has fallen quickly. But this is also true for moldy bread? The a hesitate or two of bread at the first sign of mold, throw away, and cut out the affected part of the body generously. Others take the smallest of the green-bluish tinge to the occasion to throw the entire bread in the garbage bin. Throw away or cut – that is the question. In addition, there is also the possibility to buy bread, which was made by various methods, more durable.
Preservation and pasteurization of bread
Certain breads (e.g., rye breads, sliced breads, pre-packaged pre-baked loaves of bread) must be preserved to protect against mold, with sorbic acid, propionic acid or salts thereof. This procedure has now been replaced by the pasteurization. It is known in General for the preservation of milk. The pasteurization kills most of the heat-sensitive microorganisms (e.g. yeasts, molds).
However, pasteurized foods are not free of germs, but only low in germs, and thus only have a limited shelf life. In the case of the pasteurization of bread, the packaged product is heated for 15 to 30 minutes at about 70 degrees Celsius, and then the note “without preservatives” or “chemical” wear preserved.
Tips for bread storage
- Bread belongs in the refrigerator, but kept at room temperature, at best in a bread pot, bread box or a linen bag. Plastic bags and Plastic containers complete bread from the air, and are unsuitable.
- The type of Bread, but the baking process will determine how quickly the bread starts to get moldy. The best breads with the addition of sour dough or dough acidification agents, such as rye and mixed rye bread. Poorly preserved wheat bread.
- A buy them especially in the summer is only so much bread you actually need.
- Dry, airy and not too warm – so bread like it the most.
- You can cut the bread in its packaging and remove only as many slices as is actually consumed.
- Scattered bread crumbs and moisture, the mildew are promoting. They clean their bread bins on a regular basis (for example, with vinegar and water) and dry it well.
- In the case of humid and warm weather, you can store your bread in the fridge. There it will be stale faster, be mouldy, but less rapidly.
- Bread can also be good for freezing. Frozen you can keep it up for three months. Freeze the sliced bread, so you can remove individual slices and the Toaster quickly thawing.
- A possibility of stale bread, little flavor, and softness back to the Baking. The heat is free of the aroma substances.
- Bread takes like strange smells, so you should store it always separately.
Bread to throw away or cut?
The toxic substances in the mold can cause damage to the consumption of liver and kidney. The poison Aflatoxin, for example, causes severe liver damage and has cancer-promoting. The most Dangerous thing about moldy bread is that the mold is not only visible on the surface, but also invisible in the Interior of the bread is wide. Therefore, it is the bread advised to completely throw it away. At sliced bread – the moldy faster than bread, is often advised, in addition to the affected place a few slices in front of it and to discard behind it – is safer to dispose of the whole of the bread.