Occupational disease prevention responsibilities
Work and private life in view
To frequent if Suffering ill write leads or even chronic illnesses, may also be a change in the workplace fashionable. Even if it is not a prescribed occupational disease, could work to achieve physician, in case of work-related diseases with better prevention, advocates Letzel.
Finally, occupational physicians, approximately 39 million active in Germany, people at a glance, and see, in the ideal case, the special work situation, as well as the individual capacity and the private environment.
Protection against occupational diseases
Who no longer, or only to a limited extent, can work in Germany for health reasons, is well protected. Only illnesses or accidents that were directly caused by the occupation, are considered to be occupational diseases – the law currently knows 77. The professional associations can provide, taking into account the legal requirements and depending on the individual disease case, for Rehabilitation, retraining or retirement.
Protection in case of diseases and disability
The legally required conditions for the recognition of a disease as an occupational disease is not available, however, the health insurance assumes the costs for the treatment and also for the sick of money. The person Concerned can no longer return still in the profession and applied for disability pension, there is a case for the statutory pension insurance. You paid for and in the place where rehabilitation services, and retraining.
A pension because of full acquisition reduction, it is only when the person Concerned may work in any profession for at least three hours per day. The overall poorer conditions than the previous disability pension. Therefore, you should protect yourself, especially Employees Born in 1961, in addition with a private insurance against incapacity for work.
The best remedy for one-sided loads in the profession, appropriate physical exercise, such as Walking, Jogging, Swimming and Cycling. In addition, it helps sometimes, by changes in Posture or during breaks, one-sided loads. We have compiled tips to one-sided stress at the workplace.
Tips for frequent Are
- Wear comfortable flat shoes, but the foot at the same time.
- You move as much as possible.
Frequent change of posture
- You use standing racks that allow you to switch between upright and oriented, or a sitting body standing posture.
- Stimulate your blood circulation, for example, by gently rocking and Rolling between the heel and ball of the foot.
Movement, despite much Sitting
Anyone who sits a lot, still has a number of activities, which can also be standing to do, like Post to open or make a phone call.
- Are you going to a colleague to talk on the phone rather than create movement.
- You through meetings once standing.
- You bring the office of material and work documents, or printers and Fax in other areas and thus provide for movement in their everyday work.
- You relieve regular short breaks with movement of the back (specific Exercises).
- You might be able to make up for some of the Work a standing Desk into the office.
- On rockers you occasionally Think up and down, because that stimulates the little grey cells better than a Problem “sit out”.
back to article contents
- Occupational diseases prevention
- Occupational disease prevention responsibilities