Paleo diet: Eat like in the stone age
Paleo diet – so a decreasing trend from Hollywood. What’s behind it? In the case of the Paleo diet, which is also referred to as the stone age diet, are allowed only such food, which were also our ancestors in the stone age accessible. So mainly a lot of fruit, vegetables and meat during the diet on the table. We introduce you to the Paleo diet velvet delicious recipes for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In addition, we are betrayed, what are some good reasons for, but also against the Paleo diet talk.
Basics the stone age diet
The Paleo diet is based on the assumption that our genome has changed since the stone age. So – the proponents argue – is the stone age diet is the only right form of nutrition. Finally, have adapted to our genes over millions of years on this diet.
Allegedly, the carbohydrate is said to have contributed to poor nutrition in the stone age, Homo sapiens was able to develop to the modern man. Today’s advocates see in the stone age diet, the Chance of lifestyle diseases such as Obesity, Diabetes, and cardiovascular illnesses.
So the Paleo diet works
The Paleo diet just food on the table, were our ancestors – before they settle down. Therefore, dairy and grain products should be avoided while on the diet as much as possible. Also industrially produced foods such as ready meals, sugar or alcohol are off-limits.
Instead, it is mainly used on fresh food such as fruit, vegetables, eggs, nuts, mushrooms and herbs. Fish and seafood are allowed. The most important role in the diet, the consumption of meat that should have been when our ancestors supposedly significantly higher than is the case today however.
Tip: if you like it can complement the stone age diet, also insects, worms and larvae. This in the Western world, rather habituation needy food, however, is not mandatory.
Stone Age Diet: Delicious Recipes
The Following are three recipes you can use to test the Paleo diet for a day.
Breakfast: For Breakfast there are mushrooms with scrambled eggs: Cut 300 grams of brown mushrooms in slices and chop the onion small. Fry the onion briefly in a pan and add the mushrooms to the Stew. To prepare you then of two eggs, the scrambled eggs.
Lunch: For lunch, Sliced: Cut 200 grams of beef steak into thin strips and fry the meat. Quarter tomatoes and place in the time of ten cherry and cut two spring onions into fine rings. You give the leeks the onions to the beef and fry the onions briefly. Then add the tomatoes and stir everything well.
Dinner: For dinner there is a crisp chicken salad: For the salad 120 grams chicken meat, cut into small pieces and fry. Good for the salad, the remains of a half-Chicken are suitable, for example.
Cut Radishes in addition, 300 grams, 200 grams of tomato, carrot 100 grams, and 100 grams of turnip greens into fine pieces. You can mix then a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs of the season, a Dressing and give this over the salad.
Strictly speaking, should be used in the Paleo diet, no olive oil for Frying or Mixing of Dressings. Instead of Oil you can use water.
Review: arguments for the Paleo diet
- The basis of the Paleo diet healthy food such as fruits, vegetables, mushrooms and nuts. It is also positive that seasonal foods are preferred.
- Unhealthy foods such as sweets, alcohol or Fast Food, are completely prohibited – after all, such industrially manufactured products were not our ancestors.
- The Paleo diet is easy to perform, because there are not a lot of restrictions. Also the hassle of counting calories is not necessary.
- You believe in experience reports, in strict compliance with the stone age diet, especially in the first weeks of a rapid weight loss.
Meanwhile, there are some studies that some of the Paleo diet has a positive influence on our body. The stone age diet can have an impact, according to a in the Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology published study, a positive effect on our blood sugar levels and the risk for cardiovascular reduce disease. A study from the ‘Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism’, according to the stone to saturate time diet, moreover, particularly well and thus Overweight prevention.
Critique: arguments against the Paleo diet
- The claim that have not changed, our genes since the stone age, is not tenable. In addition, it must be noted that our habits of life are different today than then. That’s why we need a different Ernährungsmix than our ancestors.
- In the case of the statements about the diet in the stone age and their health Benefits are only hypotheses. Scientific evidence is not available.
- THE stone age diet, there is not – rather, the former eating patterns depending on habitat and food supply are relatively different. Thus, among experts disputed whether the consumption of meat was in the stone age, actually as high as it prescribes the diet.
- See also critical of the complete absence of dairy and grain products. So significantly less carbohydrates are through the stone age diet, but more fats and proteins than is generally recommended. The protein intake is increased in the case of many Germans, however, already. Nutritionists recommend, therefore, to increase this still further. Because the intake of too much animal protein can have a negative impact on our health.
For More Diet
Lemon Juice Diet
Lemon juice is used for the care of skin and hair. Also when you Remove the lemon juice should help. With the so-called lemon juice diet extra pounds will tumble. What is to observe? What… more