Sauerkraut – an ideal winter vegetables
Earlier, the white cabbage, and in the traditional way-made Sauerkraut, especially in the winter months, the people with the necessary vitamins and minerals supplied. Because Sauerkraut was not only as an excellent supplier of Vitamin B, C and K but also for its potassium, calcium, iron and lots of fiber popular. The Greeks and Romans appreciated the soothing herb, with its distinctive Aroma. In Germany cultivated first monks in the middle ages, the cultivation of white cabbage, you referred to as a Crut. The industrial manufacturing today is modern, yet the product has remained the same.
Healthy and low-calorie vegetables
- Lactic acid bacteria not only prevent putrefactive processes in the Sauerkraut, but it is effective in humans, in many ways, good for your health. They act as bread drink, or yogurt, probiotic, by stabilizing the intestinal flora, the beneficial intestinal bacteria and the harmful combat. The flatulent substances of the white cabbage are reduced by the fermentation, so that the Sauerkraut is gaining digestibility.
- The containing ballast substances exert a less important effect in the intestines. They saturate and are not thinking for a controlled peristalsis, and thus good for the digestion, way. 200 g of cabbage contains 5 grams of satiating fiber, and cover is necessary to provide 40 percent of the daily recommended Vitamin C.
- Cabbage with its Vitamin C was considered in earlier seafaring times, it was not in vain as scurvy avoidance of vegetables. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system and acts as an important Antioxidant, and cancer-causing nitro amines. In particular, for Vegan Sauerkraut is a significant Vitamin B12 source, during storage and fermentation forms and otherwise mostly in animal foods contain.
- In addition, the milk improved fermentation acid absorption of iron. The availability is usually from animal foods better than from plant – iron absorption from Sauerkraut is similar but the meat.
- Although the secondary plant substances from the Cabbage promise of no direct nutritional value, they are nonetheless beneficial to one’s health. The Glucosinolates and mustard oils act as a antibacterial and inactivate undesirable enzymes in the intestine, and on the other, they have in animal studies, an anti-kancerogene effect.
Hearty in the Winter
Fits not only hearty meat diet the low-calorie vegetables, which is 17 kcal per 100 g of a pure light-weight. Sauerkraut is today as a side dish to meat and potatoes, as a stew, savory pies, soups or as a raw food salads known. For Seasoning of vegetables juniper, laurels, or tarragon are particularly suitable wax.
Against unpleasant bloating after eating a small Housewives trick helps mix: Just a couple of cumin grains, the vegetables, Duwenbeck finally.
|Ingredients||1 Serving (200 g) Sauerkraut, fresh||Percent of the daily requirement|
|Vitamin C||40 mg||40 %|
|Folic acid||60 µg||15 %|
|Potassium||576 mg||29 %|
|Calcium||100 mg||10 %|
|Iron||1.2 mg||12 %|
|Fiber||5.0 g||17 %|