Skillful children are safer
Accidents cause of death no. 1 in the case of children and young people. More than half of all fatal accidents occur in leisure time, during sports, at home or in school. A report has now shown that on the one hand, high physical activity is associated with a risk of Accidents, on the other hand, however, motor experiences are fundamental to the prevention of accidents. This means that the movement experienced, the child, the less the accident it is at risk. The only Problem: the children do lots of sports, can tend to be routine situations and to underestimate it and crash. Clumsy children run more risk of being killed in everyday situations.
Sports accidents: often in the case of “light exercise”
To some extent, sporting activity itself is a risk of an accident, which is reflected in the high number of sports accidents, e.g. in the school sector. Every second sports accident occurs at the ball game. Girl hurt in Volleyball, and boys tend to be at the football. Gymnastics and athletics, in contrast, have a lower importance.
Contrary to popular belief that accidents happen in the case of difficult or unfamiliar Exercises, the majority of children and young people, that the accidents are not happening in the case of difficult or unfamiliar Exercises, but in light of the “motor actions with low or very low difficulty”.
Movement trains the perception
By movement the Central nervous system receives an important stimulus for the maturation and differentiation is necessary. Children who move a lot, improve their motor skills, especially coordination skills, and develop motor skills. You will gain not only physical safety, but schools, also, your perception – through the sense of touch, the motion and the sense of balance, to See and Hear. This, in turn, the healthy motor benefits, but also the mental, emotional, and cognitive development.
Just at the age of seven to twelve years, children are able to achieve a decisive motor of progress, which enable you to learn complicated sequences of movement easily.
Lack of exercise – a vicious circle
Conversely, this means: children who have no ways to test yourself physically and to improve, have obvious shortcomings. These relate to not only their motor skills but their overall development. Lack of movement leads to poor Posture, circulation problems, Obesity, and – not least – to a lack of self-confidence. Out of fear, to suffer failures or to be used by other children, teased, lose the children’s interest in physical activity. “Thus, a vicious circle of lack of exercise, motor abnormality, failure, withdrawal, avoidance includes behaviour and thereby reinforcing the deficits”, summarize the experts, the Problem of the motor striking children.
Thus the accident risk of these children is on the rise. You are physically and emotionally overwhelmed faster than their peers, avoid sports or games with great dynamics and can therefore assess their own performance realistically. You’re crashing at actually everyday situations, because you simply the experience, strength and skill are missing.
Every third child needs the motor skills of promotion
The development of cities and the emergence of new lifestyles have led, especially in the past 30 years, more and more children motor are noticeable, according to the authors of the report.
- According to the findings of sports educators, more than half of children and adolescents postural.
- A third of primary school children shows significant weaknesses in the overall body coordination, and performs with endurance performance, such as, for example, a 6-minute run below average.
- At least a third of all primary school children, some experts, even 50 percent, a need for targeted motor promotion.
- In addition, up to 30 percent of children show signs of abnormal behavior, almost a fifth are overweight.
Accident children lack self-confidence
In addition to the motor and sensory development deficits also predispose to certain personality characteristics, the likelihood of an Accident, have resulted in scientific studies. In some cases, these properties are associated with social origin. A special role is also played by the social climate plays in school.
The characteristics of the “accident children” include, for example, low self-control and frustration tolerance, discipline-free, social-behavioural and attention disorders. But also low self-confidence associated with the need of the risk of accidents can increase experiences risk. In contrast, children hurt themselves with a positive self-image and a well-developed body is feeling much less. There is also often a strong sense of health consciousness.
Accident prevention is necessary, and movement plays a Central role. Scientific studies have shown that targeted physical activity promotion in kindergartens and schools the number of accidents actually could be significantly reduced. The promotion must be geared to the specific needs and abilities of the children.
- Children whose motor and sensory functions are developed below the average, in need of targeted physical activity promotion.
- Not on the scope of the funding programmes it is, but on their quality. Educational facilities that offer programs for physical activity promotion, should pay particular attention, to create a protected space. This means that The managers should on the one hand, to ensure that the processes within the group are as free as possible from Aggression, to give the children an opportunity to test their physical skills and develop them further. On the other hand, the environment should be designed in such a way that they can be motivated to exercise and the risk of accident is excluded.
- Children who already have a well-developed motor skills, require no movement promotion, but you need to learn to recognize possible risks and dangers and their own abilities realistically.