Strawberry: Healthy Ingredients
Strawberry time! The red delicacy laughs resistors from the market and plantations, and offers one of the healthiest pleasures of the summer. Strawberries most can not get enough of that, this is also not necessary: strawberries are 90 percent water and provide your amazing low nutritional value of 32 kilo-calories per 100 grams of vitamins and minerals tired.
Are strawberries healthy?
Strawberries taste delicious and are an ideal “slim fruit”. The same is not true of course only as long as dipped in whipped cream or sugar. It is best to enjoy strawberries pure or with a sauce of yogurt, sweetened with a little honey. Then strawberries are not only full of enjoyment but also a valuable contribution to a healthy diet.
Here are 6 reasons why strawberries are so healthy:
- Strawberries contain more immune-strengthening Vitamin C than oranges.
- Nutrition experts use them because of their high content of folic acid and iron since time immemorial against anemia.
- The high calcium content protects the bones against osteoporosis.
- Potassium and Magnesium protect the heart.
- Strawberries contain salicylic acid, which relieves discomfort of gout and rheumatism.
- Secondary plant substances from the group of phenolic acids protect against cancer and prevent arteriosclerosis.
Strawberry: ingredients a Portion of
Ingredients a large Portion of strawberries (250 grams) at a glance:
- 80 calories
- 1 g of fat
- 40 Micro Grams Of Folic Acid
- 162,6 Milligrams Of Vitamin C
- 62,6 Milligrams Of Calcium
- 37,6 Milligrams Of Magnesium
- EUR 362.5 Milligrams Of Potassium
Shelf-life of strawberries
Due to their high water content, strawberries are pressure-sensitive, perishable and quickly lose their flavor. Therefore, caution during Transport and storage is the top priority. Locker spread to undamaged fruits keep for one to two days in the vegetable drawer of the refrigerator.
For Washing, immersing all of the berries briefly in cold water and DAB it dry gently. The Aroma is not too dilute, it is advisable to remove the stems and the leaves after the Wash. Fresh strawberries not only taste better they are healthier they are. The contained vitamins and secondary plant substances suffer from long transport times. You should prefer strawberries from local regions.
More about strawberries
Strawberries: Delicious Vitamin C-Bombs
Strawberries, through their high content of Vitamin C is an important part of a healthy diet. They are also low in calories and get the lean line. In addition,… more