Vaginal discharge, often uncomfortable, and rarely dangerous
Vaginal discharge is part of normal cleaning process of the female body: With the sheaths of dead cells, blood, pathogens and sperm are transported in secretions to the outside. Nevertheless, vaginal discharge for many women is becoming a Problem. One to two years before puberty, he accompanied the woman to the menopause – the a more, the other almost unnoticed.
Efflux as a protective mechanism
Fluor genitalis, such as the vaginal secretions also technical language is called, is part of a defensive process to the vagina and to protect, ultimately, uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries (ascending) infections – finally, the genital organs are healthy women of childbearing age are always potentially pathological exposed to germs from the outside. Device the milieu of the vaginal flora, Vaginal, out of balance, disease-causing germs and bacteria an easy game.
Pathological Vaginal Discharge
In the case of the following signs, a visit to the gynecologist is advisable:
- Suddenly increased vaginal discharge
- Vaginal discharge after Menopause or during pregnancy, a sudden change in vaginal discharge
- Change of color and consistency (cloudy-grayish, reddish or brownish, greenish, yellowish, slimy, foamy, crumbly) and/or odour (e.g. fish-like)
- Itching, redness, and other skin changes and/or swelling and/or soreness or pain in the genital region (or in the lower abdomen)
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Pain/Burning when urinating.
To locate the woman’s doctor, if you have one or more of the above-described complaints. The vaginal infection is unpleasant, but usually not dangerous. However, the pathogens may ascend and lead to inflammation of the fallopian tubes and ovaries.
The Special Case Of Pregnancy
A special case is pregnancy: the hormonal changes Pregnant women are particularly at risk for infections, which can then in turn damage the Unborn. The gynecologist will ask you for the exact symptoms and accompanying discomfort, and then an examination with the vaginal mirror (speculum). In doing so, he examined the labia and vagina on redness, skin changes, and pain, evaluated on color, smell and consistency of the secretion. Often, these aspects give him instructions on the shutter button.
The further procedure depends on the suspected is suspected pathogens colonization with disease, the removal of vaginal secretions, the pH value is determined and can be coated with a substance best under the microscope examined. In addition, it will be sent then to the lab.
Treatment of vaginal discharge
The therapy is depends on the cause of pathological effluent: In the case of a fungal (vaginal mycosis) vaginal medications (antifungal drugs) are in the Form of suppositories, vaginal tablets or creams available in the case of a bacterial infection (such as the venereal diseases gonorrhea, or Syphilis) are antibiotics given for herpes infections, special virus-inflammatory agent. Provides assistance to physician-recommended therapy, there are other measures to increase the metabolism of the vaginal mucosa to stimulate:
- 15-minute abdominal massage in the morning and in the evening.
- A cold hip bath in the morning and a body warm bath in the evening (10 minutes). Chamomile extract or tea tree oil added to this relaxed and disinfected.
- A 10-minute warm mud bath three times per week, activates the metabolism and inhibits the inflammation.
- You can pour a decoction of Goose cinquefoil, or White dead-nettle flowers prepared (50 g in 1 litre of hot water, let stand for 10 minutes). With the strained, cooled Sud, you can rinse three times per week your vagina.
more article content
- Vaginal discharge, often uncomfortable, and rarely dangerous
- Vaginal discharge – vaginal flora to strengthen