What makes barley grass Superfood
Barley grass is among the health-conscious people becoming more and more popular. Similar to wheat grass barley grass is considered a Superfood that everyone can grow it themselves, and full of healthy minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. The young, bright green cereal leaves can be enjoyed as a powder, capsules or as a barley grass juice – who do not like the flavour, mixed with the dietary Supplement just in his cereal or in his Smoothie. What are the ingredients in barley grass are stuck and what is the effect of barley grass health, click here.
Healthy Vital Substance Combination
Barley grass is considered to be extremely healthy. In particular, the balanced combination of vitamins, minerals, trace elements, enzymes, antioxidants and phytochemicals, the barley grass is so popular. In addition, the Grass has a high bioavailability, the ingredients are absorbed particularly easily by the body.
Originally, the popularity of barley grass goes back to a several decades-old investigation by the Japanese scientist Dr. Yoshihide Hagiwara. Compared with about 150 other green plants, the young grain emerged as a leader: Seven times the Vitamin C of oranges, eleven times as much Calcium as milk and four times as much Vitamin B1 as whole wheat flour contains barley grass according to the investigation of the scientist.
Since barley grass has conquered the market of dietary supplements.
Barley grass is full of vitamins and minerals
That barley grass is full of value full of ingredients, is undisputed. In the Grass, almost all of the vital vitamins, including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D2, Vitamin E, the blood-clotting for the important Vitamin K, and various B – group vitamins-including Vitamin B12 and folic acid.
The exact composition of the ingredients of barley grass powder can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer something. The amount of minerals per 100 grams powder but it can look for example so:
- Of 3.4 Milligrams Of Zinc
- 18 Milligrams Sodium
- 37 Milligrams Of Iron
- 179 Milligrams Of Magnesium
- 437 Milligrams Of Phosphorus
- 832 Milligrams Of Calcium
Add to that potassium, and copper as well as selenium and manganese, which are needed for cell protection and the cartilage structure.
Other ingredients of barley grass
In addition to its content of vitamins and minerals, barley grass materials, also scores with bitter substances, Chlorophyll, enzymes and all essential amino acids. In addition, barley grass is rich in fiber, which have a positive effect on the digestion.
Also, the nutritional value of barley grass powder can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. To 100 grams only 2 grams usually fat – but 26 grams of carbohydrates, and at least 304 kilo calories (kcal). With a share of about 28 percent of the green powder also contains a lot of vegetable proteins, making it for vegetarians and Vegans particularly attractive.
One should not forget, however, that barley grass has in comparison to other foods, a high density of healthy nutrients, but also in significantly small quantities.
Rich in antioxidants
Barley grass contains many different antioxidants, including the flavonoids, Saponarin and Lutonarin and the Isoflavonoid Isovitexin. Antioxidants strengthen the immune system and are considered to be important means of combating the harmful impact of oxidative Stress and free Radicals. They not only have anti-inflammatory, but also cell holding. So you can slow down the aging process and the body from cardiovascular diseases, as well as make types of cancer protect.
Another of the barley grass contained a substance with anti-oxidative effect of the phytochemical Proanthocyanidin is. This is to protect the fiber proteins and help to maintain the elasticity of the skin and of the connective tissue and to tighten the skin.
Effect in different studies
Due to its various ingredients barley grass is thought to have a healing effect on many ailments and illnesses. Some of the effects of barley grass are already been studied, although larger studies in General, is still pending.
Among other things, on the following effects of barley grass first evidence found in the research:
- Barley grass can lower the level of harmful LDL cholesterol in the blood. High cholesterol can cause a hardening of the arteries and, subsequently, a heart attack or a stroke. In a study by the China Medical College in Taiwan, the cholesterol levels improved by the ingestion of barley grass extract after four weeks.
- Also in the case of Diabetes barley grass is intended to achieve positive effects: In another study, which was published in 2010 in the International Journal of Green Pharmacy, in diabetic patients with a daily intake of barley grass powder, not only of cholesterol, but also lower blood glucose levels.
- The barley grass contained substance Lunasin seems to have a cancer-inhibiting effect. In particular, the development of skin cancer and breast cancer had with Lunasin in laboratory experiments, Korean researchers prevent. Clinical studies have yet to be set.
- In a study of the scientist Osamu Kanauchi mitigated germinated barley, the symptoms of chronic inflammatory bowel disease ulcerative Colitis and helped improve the intestinal flora. In General, the anti-inflammatory effect of barley grass in bowel problems can have an impact, such as candidiasis, positive. In addition, the Grass can help to regulate the water balance in the intestine and the incidence of diarrhea to reduce.
Numerous effects are suspected on the health
Even if so far only been investigated tents, aspects of the effect of barley grass, is attributed to the fresh leaves alone because of their ingredients, a high amount of health.
In athletes, the Grass is popular, for example, due to its high content of vegetable proteins to support muscle building. Also Chlorophyll, the green plant pigment, is considered to be very healthy, because it supports blood formation and wound healing and can have a positive effect on the intestine.
In addition, the young cereals, should:
- thanks mainly to its content of potassium has a stabilizing effect on blood pressure have
- as a basic food to the acid-base balance to be beneficial, and against Acidification and purify your body
- in the case of allergies and skin problems such as eczema and acne will be helpful
- thanks to a certain enzyme, and of various amino acids on the fat metabolism, stimulate the feeling of Hunger will dampen, and so support weight loss
- relaxing, soothing and mood-elevating effect. Therefore, barley grass for people with Stress or sleep, it is recommended disorders. Children, suffering from ADS, it should even help you to concentrate better.
- a positive effect on the hair and to combat hair loss, dandruff and premature graying. Because these problems can be the result of nutrient deficiency – here, the barley grass to help by promoting the Melanin production and hair growth supports.
These effects of barley grass are, however, not proven yet scientifically.
Side effects of barley grass
Barley grass is considered to be well tolerated and free of side effects. Nevertheless, there are reports about digestive problems, especially diarrhea, Nausea, or vomiting. Therefore, it may be advisable to start with a low dosage and to test the impact of barley grass carefully.
It is also possible an allergic reaction to barley grass, which is manifested by tingling, swelling or Burning in the mouth is noticeable. Anyone who suffers from an intolerance to Gluten, should be a function of its own tolerance limit carefully: barley grass is gluten free, traces of Gluten may be included depending on the manufacturer.
more article content
- What makes barley grass Superfood
- Barley grass growing and buy – so you go!